Made at Home Tartar Sauce,
Have you ever wanted to doctor up you store bought tartar sauce? Me too just a little more pickle of a pinch more of dill would help it along. So put an end to boring bland Tartar Sauce. Just start with this recipe and make small batches until you become the master of your Tatar.
One thing to remember it is easy to add a component but a bitch to try and remove it. Take your time and it will turn out fantastic.
- 1 cup mayonnaise either store bought or made at home. There will be a link to how to make this in this post
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced dill pickle
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- ½ lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch of Tarragon minced leaf
To make mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl and chill for a few hours
Now you can use your dried spices the first few time out of the chute but you will be overly surprised when you shift to fresh spices and homemade Mayonnaise. I find that our family enjoys more pickle in the Tartar, this was the first place I changed it up.