Beef Short Ribs
I was asked why use beef short ribs instead of making a pot roast? The answer is the scale of the meal, how many are you feeding and what is the appetite for leftovers?
You can increase or decrease the amount of short ribs that you’re going to prepare.
No I am not a fan of “baby carrots” I think they are lacking in flavor.
- 4 pounds beef short ribs
- Salt and pepper to taste, remember you can add more salt latter when you taste test
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups carrot chunks
- 3 ribs celery, cut in chunks
- 1 large onion cut in chunks
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) golden mushroom soup
- Dash Worcestershire Sauce
Sprinkle short ribs with salt and pepper and flour.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add short ribs and brown well on all sides. Discard excess fat and transfer the ribs to a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Don’t have that much time to fix your meal the after browning the meat pop it into a pressure cooker!
No time for a slow cooker then after your braise up your Beef Short Ribs pop the gang in to the Pressure Cooker to speed everything up.